Sunday, August 19, 2012

Arrivederci Italy

I love traveling but must admit that going there is much more exciting than going home. However, if I think about it a bit that isn't totally correct; the feeling of excitement when heading out on holiday is most probably because the drudgery of travel has been forgotten since the last time. The reason why the home coming doesn't seem so exciting is because, by now the gilt has worn off and all that I want to do is get home to the ones I love. Right now I wish that scientists would come up with an instant form of travel - just dial in the destination, climb into the capsule and press the button to end up anywhere in the world. It would be invaluable for return journeys.
Anyway, I am sitting in the departures hall at Malpensa waiting for check-in which will be in 2 hours time. Yippee, 2 hours in Malpensa; how will I fit in all the fun?
Apparently they offer 15 minutes free wi-fi so I will save that to chat to Rose and then post this to my blog. My supper options here are limited, but I see there is a large yellow M in the corner. I can hardly wait.
Italy is damned hot during August and they don't seem to concern themselves that there is no (working) air conditioning. On the train it was like a sauna, luckily the bus was OK but here at the airport I am back in the sauna. I pity the poor sod who has to sit next to me for 6 hours to Dubai. Maybe I can have a head-to-toe wash in the WC on the plane. It should be possible if joining the mile high club is. I'll let you know.


- Posted by Neil

Location:Malpensa Airport

1 comment:

  1. A little too graphic for me, I'm afraid, you taking a full body wash on the plane : )

    ReplyDelete