Saturday, August 4, 2012

The Duomo and other sights

Apparently the Duomo was black from soot and dirt until a few years back when the clean up started. Now it is clean and white, just like a set of teeth that have been buffed up or whitened. It seems that many of the important sites are also in the process of being cleaned because many of them are shrouded in scaffolding and netting - some with a picture of the building printed onto the screens to make it look as if it is still there.



Although the Duomo is less than 4 km from my hotel I was really feeling exhausted so I hired a bike for the return trip. I can use it for 24 hours, so tomorrow will be mostly on the bike. The heat in Milan is quite something. All I wanted when I got back to my hotel was a cold shower which I did have even though there was only a tiny hand towel to dry myself with. It seems as if I was supposed to bring my own towel. Two pictures show the hotel - No. 44 and then the interestingly named placed a few doors down "Lap Zeppelin." No prizes for knowing how they earn a living.







- Posted by Neil

Location:Central Hostel Milano

No comments:

Post a Comment