
This morning I spent in the Castello Sforzesco which has some lovely exhibits of art, musical instruments and ancient artifacts. Gray, I think you would have loved the musical instruments which were quite amazing. How does one play a 14 string guitar?
My 24 hours use of BikeMi ends at 3:30 so I think I should head back to town now to avoid a very long walk home. Before I left the Duomo I noticed 2 opportunistic vendors selling scarves for Euro 5 each to the women going into the Duomo who must cover their shoulders to show respect (?) I also took a walk through a shopping centre where the floors were the most beautiful mosaic - at least it is beautiful in this context but I don't know whether it would look good at home.

It is 4:30 now, and I have handed the bike back and my 24 hours are up so no more cycling for the time being. The BikeMi stand was at the station so I decided to use their air conditioning at the caffe/bar and have a cappuccio (exactly the spelling on the bill) and a glass of water. I will be heading back to my hotel now to have a shower and a rest before looking for a typical Milanese restaurant for supper. I'm not holding my breath because most of the restaurants I cycled past were closed. I will remain positive though. I am rehearsing the phrase "conosce un buon ristorante?" (do you know a good restaurant?) and will be using it on a few strangers. I hope I don't get beaten up or have someone call the cops.
No need to risk arrest, Daniella (the hotel owner) has directed me to her favorite restaurant called "168" and I have decided to go even though it requires a trip on the Metro which will be a first for me in Milan. So much excitement.......
Off to bath now because I am beginning to pong.
- Posted by Neil
Location:Parco Sempione, Milan
Hey Dad! Looks like you are having a blast! I wish I could have seen all the instruments - mandolins and lutes are supposed to be plentiful Milan. Your pictures look so beautiful! It really makes me want to be there with you... Maybe next time :) Love you lots and have fun!
ReplyDelete