My first stop this morning was at the Tourist Information office on Piazza Garibaldi to find out where there are wireless hot spots - they informed me that there are dozens of free spots around Parma. They gave me a map together with a username and password. Having got my blog posted I headed off to the market which is well concealed under the Piazza Ghiaia. There wasn't a lot of variety but I did find the shopkeepers very helpful. I asked if they spoke English and they were very apologetic that they couldn't speak my language but made every effort to help. I wanted to taste the proper Parma ham and Parmigiano, which they were quite happy to do and offered me a slice of ham and a corner of cheese. Both were lovely and I bought 3 slices of ham and a small piece of cheese to eat at lunch.

Right now I am sipping a cappuccino at Cafeteria Carducci planning my next move.
- Posted by Neil
Location:Cafeteria Carducci, ArtCafé, Viale Fratti, Parma
Hope your lunch was good ... did you manage to get yourself some ciabatta for the ham & cheese? Sorry that the torrent wasn't a torrent at all ... Is there a drought on the go? Wonder whether Venice has dried up too? Seems like most of Italy is closed for business - how frustrating.Look forward to hearing how you pass the evening.
ReplyDeleteThe Parma ham was sliced thin and is best tasted without any bread. It is smooth, slightly sweet, not salty and full of flavour. Delightful!
ReplyDeleteI am going to have my "last supper" and will post about that later.