Friday, July 13, 2012

Three weeks to go......

The preparation is complete, or as complete as I can imagine and the next three weeks will most probably seem like months. I suppose I will start having "oh shit" moments as the time draws closer, but the basics have been completed.
I would also like to mention that I have done a fair bit of research regarding what Blog to use. There are quite a few available, but I concentrated on the free ones. I started out with Blogger and have returned to Blogger after a short test with Wordpress.
Blogger is easy to use, has an iPad app and does almost everything I want it to. While practicing last week I tried posting a piece of video and that is where I thought there has to be an easier way. I thought I could post the video directly into the page and I suppose that was my stupidity showing through. Blogger wanted me to post to YouTube first and link to the video, which I later learned is the way all blogs work. I assumed that Wordpress would allow me to post a video directly but soon learned it doesn't. I also learned that Blogger is much simpler to use that Wordpress, so that is how I became a Blogger evangelist.
I still need to hone my video skills even though I don't expect to be posting many. Posting pictures is dead easy and I expect the videos will make sense after some effort. I'd hate to deprive ALL my followers by not giving you true to life videos of the many action scenes I intend to confront in Italy.
Any YouTube experts out there who happen to read this might want to teach an old fart how to post videos in a simple way.
More from Neil Spielberg later.
- Posted by Neil

Location:Home, Jacana Bay, Meerhof

No comments:

Post a Comment