I was asked this weekend why I decided to travel to Italy and I answered that it was a lot of things, but that the food was the deal maker. I am pretty adventurous when it comes to food and will try almost anything. I am sure you will agree with me after looking at this list of sumptuous delights that are suggested as essential fare while in Rome.
I intend to try as many of them, yes even the Trippa, as possible. If my blog starts to read like a Famous Five story, I apologise and I will try my best to introduce some variety in the form of coffee, gellato and the occasional work of art in order to avoid losing my readers.
You battle with posting videos, I battle with posting comments to your blog.!:-) Not sure what went wrong but let's try again. I was saying, Neil, nothing like a nice build up of tension and excitement before a long awaited trip, ne? I feel it myself .... how many sleeps before "we" depart. Looking forward to following your and Scott's adventures. Nick
ReplyDeleteNot sure why your first (few) attempt was unsuccessful, but the last one worked, as is often the case. Scott leaves before me, the 29th I think and I leave in 15 SsT. I hope you enjoy the posts.
ReplyDeleteReally looking forward to follow you and Scott (no Rose?) on your trip; I love the food as well, so no big issue for me, just try to learn as many recipes as you can, looking forward to the Christmas get together and your actual birthday (ha,ha)
ReplyDeleteI am sure Rose would love to join me but her work is at a busy stage right now. I chose now to go because Scott is over there and we will be travelling together for much of the time.
ReplyDeleteMy birthday party is planned for December although the date hasn't been decided yet. There should be a few new recipes included or I for one will be dissapointed.