Saturday, August 4, 2012

Dubai

This is more like a city than an airport. I landed after midnight and still the place is busier than Sandton on a Saturday. The prices are not low - well not as low as I was expecting and I haven't been tempted to buy anything. It seems that the AED is 2.2 times 1 Rand.
Lots of nicotine and alcohol with a smattering of electronic goods are offered in great quantities. I resisted a Starbucks coffee at R 40 a cup.



It's 2:10 now and I board at 2:55, so should get a move on. I hope they have the same movies on the next leg of the flight because I watched half of "We have to talk about Kevin" and I need to close that chapter before I start having fun in Milan. If all goes well I land at Malpensa at 08:30 so have a full day to explore the place. More about that tomorrow.


- Posted by Neil

Location:Airport Rd,Dubai,United Arab Emirates

2 comments:

  1. "We have to talk about Kevin" .. not the best movie to start a holiday with? Did you get to see the final chapter on your next flight? WE have to talk about Italy - look forward to your next entry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't see the second half, so will have to catch that on the way back or back in SA.

    ReplyDelete