Friday, July 27, 2012

Plastic Forex


After studying the fluctuating R/€ exchange rate for a while I decided this morning that it was not going to do what I wanted it to, so I took the plunge and bought my Euros. I am using the FNB Cash Passport which is essentially a debit card loaded with Euros. It can be used at ATMs and at VISA accredited retailers.  Much better, I think than carrying travellers cheques or cash - now I will have one card to lose instead of a pack of cheques. Not that I plan to lose anything!





The process was simple and not very time consuming.







This is roughly how it went: 1. Wait in the queue 2. Wait while the sales guy fetched the card and paperwork 3. Watch him entering all my details into the computer and then, 4. Voila - the card is mine.

If I had a checklist I could check off another item on that list, but I don't. However, I think I am all set now and just have packing to do.

One week to go.


3 comments:

  1. Hey Neil,

    I seee you have "upgraded" your blog so far as design is concerned.Looks good. Love the pics you've selected. Days to launch down to single digits now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friday at 14h10. I can almost touch it now. As a follow up to the FNB Cash Passport, when I tried to register it the Cash Passport website says they've never heard of me. I suppose I will have to visit my bank again. Where is Steve?

    ReplyDelete
  3. As it turns out, the reason my card wasn't working was because the sales guy entered my DOB as 1953 so when I had to verify my age it threw me out. All sorted now though.

    ReplyDelete